You know how sometimes life just gets you down? And all you want is a delicious piece of cake to make you feel better? At these times, although I LOVE a mile high layer cake (like this one or this one), you just need something delicious and quick and easy to whip up.
Well here it is! Full of chocolate and oh so easy to throw together!
Although the chocolate sauce is optional, it is recommended. Just look at it dripping off the sides of the cake. How can you not want that???
Recipe adapted from Noshing with the Nolands.
Snickers Bundt Cake
- 113g Butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 2tsp Baking soda
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups mini Snickers, chopped
Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- 113g Butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 113g Semi sweet chocolate (I used 60%)
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spray a Bundt tin with cooking spray and cover with a light coating of flour.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition.
- Add the flour in three batches, alternating with sour cream and milk, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in the Snickers pieces.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
For the Chocolate Sauce
- Melt the butter, brown sugar and cream in a saucepan. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add in chocolate and vanilla.
- Stir until melted.
- Allow to cool slightly before drizzling over the cake.