Life around here has been getting more and more hectic. Working 11 and 12 hour days has become the norm over the last month or so and weekends are crammed with birthday celebrations and other activities. Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not complaining. I’m preparing you for the number of upcoming “Quick and Easy” recipes that will be appearing on this blog!
The first of which is my first attempt at blondies. I was really happy with how these turned out: chewy, packed with vanilla flavour and sprinkles! I love the little pops of colour each time you bite into these. They’re so easy to make. All you need is one bowl, an oven and the ingredients. Et voila!
- 170g Unsalted butter, melted
- 360g Brown sugar (Muscavado)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 190g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Funfetti (vermicelli)
- Prepare a 23x33cm baking tin (brownie tin) and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing.