It will change your life! So simple and easy to make, but OH MY GOODNESS! It’s delicious and versatile: you can drizzle it over ice cream, eat it with a spoon, use it in cakes and dessert. Just do it! Do it NOW!
I read a couple of recipes that are available and ended up with a happy medium that worked best for me. Don’t worry if it comes out a little lumpy, just use a countertop blender or immersion blender to smooth it out.
Make sure you use good quality white chocolate for this, as others don’t have enough cocoa butter in them to make the magic happen.
Caramelised White Chocolate
- 400g White chocolate (I used Lindt)
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Break up the chocolate and spread it over a large baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Put the chocolate in the oven in ten minute intervals.
- After each interval, remove the chocolate and spread it with a large palette knife (or the back of a dessert spoon). If the chocolate start to look very dry and chalky, mix in a bit of the canola oil.
- You’ll know the chocolate is done when it starts to look a bit lighter than peanut butter.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Pop it in the microwave for a few minutes when you want to use it.